Foundations and Basic Commitments:
District Belief Statements
- Every student will be educated academically and socially so as to be a productive citizen.
- All students will have equal educational opportunities to achieve their individual potential.
- We have something to offer every student.
- Each student is unique.
- Successful education depends on parental commitment to education.
- Teachers are the foundation of a strong educational system.
- Teachers will maintain high expectations for themselves and their students.
- Teachers should serve as positive role models for students.
- Teachers will actively seek parent support and involvement.
- A principal is the instructional leader of the school.
- A principal is the facilitator for a positive learning environment.
- A principal actively seeks parent support and involvement.
- A principal serves as a liaison between school and community.
- A principal maintains high expectations for students and staff members.
· The Superintendent is the leader, implementer, and facilitator of a successful School District.
· The Superintendent promotes and upholds the positive educational climate of the School District.
- In human beings as the single most important element in all transactions.
- In behaving with uncompromising honesty and integrity.
- In challenging people to experience their full potential so each individual contributes to educational excellence.
- In reaching quality decisions through the involvement of people.
- In establishing priorities that respond to the needs of our students, staff members, and community, and serve as the driving force behind all of our actions.
- In focusing on excellence in everything we do.
Board of Education—
- Students are the number-one priority.
- The Board conveys the educational needs and desires of the community to the District and establishes policies accordingly.
- The Board maintains high expectations for the District and themselves in working toward excellence.