Student Development Framework
The purpose of an education is to open doors, create opportunities, change perceptions, improve lives, break down barriers, and instill courage to meet the challenges of life; and the role of Garfield County School District is to enlighten, enable, encourage, and facilitate that process.
Teacher Improvement Framework
Resources for School Teams
Safe and Collaborative Culture
- The Faculty and Staff perceive the school environment as safe, supportive, and orderly
- Students, Parents, and community also perceive the school environment as safe, supportive, and orderly
- Teachers have formal roles in the decision-making process regarding school initiatives
- Collaborative teams regularly interact to address common issues regarding curriculum, assessment, instruction, and the achievement of all students.
- Teachers and staff have formal ways to provide input regarding the optimal functioning of the school
- Student, parents, and the community have formal ways to provide input regarding the optimal functioning of the school
- The school acknowledges the success of the whole school as well as individuals within the school
- The school manages its fiscal, operation, and technological resources in a way that directly supports teachers.