Mission and Vision
Student Development Framework
The purpose of an education is to open doors, create opportunities, change perceptions, improve lives, break down barriers, and instill courage to meet the challenges of life; and the role of Garfield County School District is to enlighten, enable, encourage, and facilitate that process.
Teacher Improvement Framework
Resources for School Teams
Safe and Collaborative Culture
- The Faculty and Staff perceive the school environment as safe, supportive, and orderly
- Students, Parents, and community also perceive the school environment as safe, supportive, and orderly
- Teachers have formal roles in the decision-making process regarding school initiatives
- Collaborative teams regularly interact to address common issues regarding curriculum, assessment, instruction, and the achievement of all students.
- Teachers and staff have formal ways to provide input regarding the optimal functioning of the school
- Student, parents, and the community have formal ways to provide input regarding the optimal functioning of the school
- The school acknowledges the success of the whole school as well as individuals within the school
- The school manages its fiscal, operation, and technological resources in a way that directly supports teachers.