Home-Centered Enrollment Option—
Home-centered, school-supported enrollment is an enrollment option where a student is allowed to complete the course work for one or more courses or subject areas from home during part of the day and to attend in-person instruction for the remainder of the day.
The Board of Education may elect to allow home-centered, school-supported enrollment at one or more schools within the District by resolution establishing that as an enrollment option.
Requirements for Home-Centered School Enrollment—
If home-centered school enrollment is authorized by the Board, the District shall:
- Establish standards and requirements for students to participate;
- Provide the instructional materials to be used by participating students;
- Provide a participating student’s parents with resources the District considers appropriate to assist in parent involvement with student learning;
- Develop assessments to measure a participating student’s academic progress;
- Administer the assessments to a participating student (subject to Policy EFBB and Policy GCE); and
- Monitor compliance with the standards and requirements for participation.
Students participating in home-centered school enrollment are subject to statewide assessments to the same extent as students in regular school enrollment.
Students who attend home school as provided for in Policy FBB are not eligible to participate in home-centered school enrollment.