FHD – Relations with Governmental Agencies and Local Governmental Authorities
Relations with Governmental Agencies and Local
Taken into Custody—
The District shall permit a student to be taken into custody:
1. Pursuant to an order of the juvenile court.
2. Pursuant to the laws of arrest.
3. By a law enforcement officer if there are reasonable grounds to believe
the student has engaged in delinquent conduct or conduct in need of
4. By a probation officer if there are reasonable grounds to believe the
student has violated a condition of probation imposed by the juvenile
5. By an authorized representative of the Utah Department of Social
Services, a law enforcement officer, or a juvenile probation officer,
without a court order under conditions relating to the student’s physical
health or safety or the physical health or safety of others.