Home Schooling

With the start of a new school year, I would like to remind parents who prefer to home school their children to please submit a signed affidavit to the District stating that their child will be attending home school and will receive instruction required by the Utah State Board of Education.  The State Board also requires the same length of time for home school student as would be required for public education students.  The affidavit is available on the Garfield School District web page.  The affidavit is required to be submitted annually with a Notary signature. I would also like to remind parents of home school students they have the option to dually enroll in both home school and public school for a specific subject.  For example, if a home school parent wanted to enroll their child in a public math class, we can accommodate this type of request.  A home school student is also eligible to participate in extracurricular activities.  If you have any questions, please contact me at the District office.

–Superintendent Ben Dalton

Leave a Reply