UHSAA Register My Athlete

This year the Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) has implemented a new program to register student athletes throughout the State of Utah.  The new program is called “Register My Athlete”.  It requires all athletes to be registered in the program before they will be eligible for tryouts this fall.   When you go to this web page, http://registermyathlete.com/schools/  you will first need to create an account and select the school your student attends to begin the registration process.  Once you have created an account, add a new athlete.  This is accomplished by selecting “My Athletes” tab.  Once the athlete has been added, you can edit their profile.  Next, select “Register for a Sport” at which point you will select the sports your student will be participating in next year.  The program will then ask you to acknowledge the concussion and sportsmanship policies, complete the physical, and answer the UHSAA tryout checklist.  In prior years, students were required to complete the “Physical Form A” once in four years.  Students are now required to complete the “Physical Form A” every year with a physician.  The physical form will be turned into the school office.  During the registration process, you will be asked to pay a $25.00 fee.  You will not be able to pay this fee online; you will need to pay this fee at your local high school office. The $25.00 fee is the “pay-to-play” fee collected at each school.  The Garfield County School Board reduced or removed fees from the 2014-2015 fee schedules.  One of the fees the School Board reduced is the “pay-to-play” fee.  In prior years, a student who participated in an extra-curricular activity was required to pay $50 for each sport they chose to participate in with no limit on the number of sports.  So, in essence if a student played in 4 sports they would be required to pay $200 in fees.   With the changes made by the Garfield County School Board, the “pay-to-play” fee was reduced from $50 to $25 with a maximum cap of $75.  I will address the changes to the fee schedules in an upcoming article. I would encourage you to take the time to register your student athletes in the “Register My Athlete” program.  If you have questions, the best way to reach the local high school secretaries is by email.

–Superintendent Ben Dalton

Leave a Reply